Public Company Limited by Shares
Singapore is considered the main business and trade center of Southeast Asia. This city-state has a highly developed and successful market economy, attracting many businessmen wishing to register a company in Singapore for its open and corruption-free environment, legal and political stability, and low taxation.
The public limited company is one of the most common types of company in Singapore. This form of the company offers many advantages, in terms of limited liability (limited to the level of contribution) and regulated access to capital.
The Public Company Limited by Shares is often the legal form of company chosen by large businesses, but it can also be used, as the shares in this type of company can be bearer shares and are therefore more easily transferable.
Public Company Limited by Shares registration conditions
Registering a company in Singapore is pretty straightforward. To start the procedure for registering a company in Singapore, a standard package of documents for the founders and members of the company is required, which can be clarified with our specialists, as well as the following information:
- 2-3 names of the future company in order of priority;
- structure of the future company (who is the director, shareholder, beneficiary). Please note that in the structure of a Singapore company, at least 1 director must be a resident of Singapore;
- type of activity of the future company.
Register Public Company Limited by Shares jurisdiction with our professional assistance. If you have any questions on the topic of the article, you can contact the specialists of our company, who will conduct a personal consultation on the regulation of activities in Singapore.
If there is an approved name and formalized constituent documents, registration will be completed within a few hours. However, there are exceptions. For example, if directors or shareholders are citizens of certain countries, there may be 1-2 weeks delays. At the establishment, a state fee is paid.
Registration cost directly depends on the services used. The base price includes state duties, payment for the services of our specialists and payment for the services of a courier service to deliver you a package of company registration documents and stamps.
A Public Company must have at least 1 secretary appointed.
The Directors of a Public Company must take all necessary measures to ensure that the position of the secretary (or each of the Co-Secretaries) of the company is held by a person who, in their opinion, has the necessary knowledge and experience to perform the functions of the secretary of the company.
You should provide the list of the following documents:
- Statutory Declaration of Compliance;
- Information about shareholders, directors, secretaries, etc. (Particulars of Shareholders, Directors, Secretaries, etc.);
- Copies of identity documents (passports) of directors and shareholders – individuals of the Singapore company; legal entities are required to provide copies of the Certificate of Registration of the company, documents – confirmation of the legal address of the company;
- Singapore registered office address with hours of operation;
- Consent to Act as Director and Statement of Non-disqualification to Act as Director;
- Consent of an individual to act as a secretary of a Singapore company (Consent to Act as Secretary).
Consultation about company registration
Our specialists are the best on the market – they have vast experience in this field of activity. We also provide a consultation service for the opening of a SA company in Singapore. We will talk about the possible risks and benefits of opening a SA. We will also make you sure about taxes, fees, and opening a bank account. We will provide up-to-date information on any of your questions.
Other types of companies
If you feel like the Public Company Limited by Shares does not fit your needs, click the button below and you will see other legal forms like Private Limited Company, Holding Company and Branch office.
Register Public Company Limited by Shares
Ready for next step
Accelerate your business growth while we take care of everything else.